The financial aspects of attending graduate school can be challenging.

At ϲʿ's, we strive to provide the guidance and help you need. You’ll be paired with a ϲʿ’s financial services advisor who will work with you throughout your time at ϲʿ’s — answering questions and informing you about payment plan options.

3-Step Process

1. Apply for Admission to ϲʿ's

If you have questions about financial aid prior to applying for admission, please contact Student Financial Services at 512-448-8523.

2. Complete the FAFSA

Go online to the U.S. Department of Education to . The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) asks questions about a family's income and assets to determine an , or EFC. Make sure to list the ϲʿ's federal school code, 003621, in the school release section.

You will receive an email acknowledgement from the Department of Education. (If you do not receive a response within 48 hours, contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 800-433-3243.) ϲʿ’s should receive your FAFSA results within a week. In our student portal, myHilltop, you can track when we receive your FAFSA information.

3. Notification of Awards

After you’re admitted and have provided all the required documents, you’ll receive a financial aid offer email. You’ll view and accept the aid offer, and complete any additional requirements to secure your aid offer in myHilltop.

Outside Scholarships

ϲʿ'sdoes not offer scholarships for our graduate programs. However, outside scholarshipsmay be available through other organizations. .


When you file your , or FAFSA, you will automatically be considered for these financial aid options.

Loans require repayment.

Federal Direct Student Loans

All eligible students can borrow through the , designed specifically for college students. This low-interest loan program allows you to defer payments while you are enrolled in a degree/certificate program for at least six credit hours, with repayment beginning six months after you graduate or drop below half-time enrollment status. Students must remain in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.0, and successfully complete 75% of their courses each academic year.

Note: If you accept one of these loans, you must complete a Federal Direct Loan Promissory Note and complete a debt management session in addition to filing a FAFSA.

Private Education Loans

ϲʿ’s also maintains information on a number of alternative loan programs. Repayment of most of these loans can be deferred while you are enrolled at least part time. Plus, you don’t need to complete a need-analysis form, like the FAFSA. You just need to pass a standard credit check or have a co-signer on your loan.

Assistance Programs for Veterans

If you are a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces, you may be eligible to use your VA Educational Benefits at ϲʿ’s. (Hazlewood benefits cannot be used because of our private university status.) Our Veteran Affairs office can help determine your eligibility and answer any questions you might have and can be reached at 512-492-3193 or