Providing academic advising and support services for businessgraduate students

Graduate advising in The Bill Munday School of Business serves as a comprehensive source of information, communication and support for graduate students from admission throughgraduation.

Graduate advising strives to help students meet their academic, professional and personal goals while providing support and accurate information to ensure timely completion of their degree requirements.

Services include:

  • Individualized advising assistance throughout the course of a student's degree program
  • Guidance in course selection and registration
  • Interpretation of course rotations and projected degree planning
  • Coordination of graduation processes including submitting the intent for graduation, preliminary graduation reviewsand final degree certifications
  • Information on university policies, procedures, resources and programs

Graduate Registration

For registration instructions (including how to add, dropor swap a course), visit.Continuing graduate students (currently enrolled) do not need an alternate PIN.

Degree Works

Degree Works is the university's degree audit and academic advising/planning system. This system allows for real-time academic advising, streamlined degree planning andmore. Access Degree Works through, or visit Using Degree Works for more information.

Application for Graduation

You must formally apply for graduation in . Refer to theRegistrar's Officefor application deadlines. After you apply, the business schoolgraduate advisor will prepare a degree audit to ensure you meet all qualifications. If there are any issues, the business school graduate advisorwill contact you. After the certification for graduation is completed, it will be forwarded to the Registrar's Office.

Contact Your Business School Graduate Advisor

Sebastian Sainz, MBA 

*Please note that due to COVID-19 and remote work, email is the best method of communication.*

Appointments are available Monday-Friday. When scheduling an appointment, include your name, student ID and phone number.

Graduate Advising In Person and By Phone

Your business school graduate advisor accommodates the needs of working professionals by advising remotely via phone, zoom or in-person.To ensure a guaranteed time for advising, schedule an appointment via email.

Appointments are available Monday-Friday.When scheduling an appointment, include your name, student IDand phone number.

Newly Admitted Graduate Students

Students recently admitted to a graduate program will receive a welcome email from theirbusiness school graduate advisordetailing the steps for the registration process.

Continuing Graduate Students

Continuing business school graduate students should contact the graduateadvisor to begin an email advising session or to set up an appointment.

MBA Concentration Course Requirements

All concentrations require 3 specificelective courses, please see which courses encompass a concentration below:

Global Business and Supply Chain Management (Choose 3)

  • GBUS 6301Global Business Management
  • MGMT 6352Global Logistics and Supply Chain
  • MGMT 6354Global Purchasing and Sourcing
  • MGMT 6356Decision Support Model

Finance (Choose 3)

  • FINC 6304 Global Finance
  • FINC 6320 Valuation
  • FINC 6316 Financial Statement Analysis
  • FINC 6322 Corporate Governance

Digital Management(Choose 3)

  • MGMT 6341 Digital Law and Policy
  • MGMT 6343 Managing Technology Change
  • MGMT 6345 Entrepreneurship for the 21st Century
  • MGMT 6348Strategic Leadership Development

Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management(Choose 3)

  • FINC 6316 Financial Statement Analysis or FINC 6320 Valuation
  • MGMT 6345 Entrepreneurship for the 21st Century
  • MGMT 6343Managing Technology Change
  • MKTG 6325 Managing Social Media Management

Corporate Governance and Management(Choose 3)

  • FINC 6322 Corporate Governance
  • MGMT 6323 Business Negotiations
  • MGMT 6341 Digital Law and Policy
  • MGMT 6348Strategic Leadership Development

MBA In-Person Meeting Dates

Morning classes meet: 9:00am-11:50am | Afternoon classes meet: 1:00pm-3:50pm

Spring 2024

Spring I: 1/16/24-3/4/24

  • Saturday, January 20 Hybrid (In-Person and Online Synchronous)
  • Saturday, February 10 (Online Synchronous)
  • Saturday, March 2 (Online Synchronous)

Spring II: 3/7/24-5/4/24

  • Saturday, March 23(In-Person and Online Synchronous)
  • Saturday, April 13(Online Synchronous)
  • Saturday, May 4(Online Synchronous)

Summer 2024

Summer I: 5/13/24-7/1/24

  • Saturday, May 18(In-Person and Online Synchronous)
  • Saturday, June 8 (Online Synchronous)
  • Saturday, June 29 (Online Synchronous)

Summer II: 7/2/24-8/19/24

  • Saturday, July 13 (In-Person and Online Synchronous)
  • Saturday, July 27 (Online Synchronous)
  • Saturday, August 17(Online Synchronous)

For future dates please see the following:

Weekday Meetings, Degree Plans, and Bulletins

Course Schedules

Refer to the course rotation schedule to determine course offerings for a given term. The Bill Munday School of Business reserves the right to modify course offerings based on student enrollments, program changes, etc.

Degree Plans and Degree Works

Each student's degree plan requirements are listedin Degree Works. Log into your account, and click on Degree Works.For assistance with questions about your degree audit, contact your graduate advisor.

Graduate Bulletins

The isyour primary resource for policies and procedures applicable to your degree plan. Contact yourbusiness school graduate advisorfor additional information.

Weekday Meeting Schedule

    The following is the weekday meeting schedule for Spring 2024 courses. This information can also be found online when registering for class. Saturday meeting times, unlike weekday meetings, only occur three times a 7-week session, where weekday meetings are held online synchronously every week.

    Fall I: First 7-week Session

    Course Title Time Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday *Saturday Class Times When Applicable*
    ACCT 6315Accounting for Managers 6:00 p.m. - 7:20 p.m. X 1:00 p.m.-3:50 p.m.
    MGMT 6330Big Data, Business Intelligence, Analytics 6:00 p.m. - 7:20 p.m. X 9:00 a.m.- 11:50 a.m.
    MGMT 6334Managing Dynamic Orgs 7:30 p.m-8:50 p.m X 1:00 p.m.-3:50 p.m.
    MKTG 6315Marketing Management in a Digital Environment 7:30 p.m-8:50 p.m X 9:00 a.m.- 11:50 a.m.
    FINC 6304Global Finance 6:00 p.m. - 7:20 p.m X 1:00 p.m.-3:50 p.m.
    MGMT 6352Global Logistics & Supply Chain Management 7:30 p.m-8:50 p.m X 9:00 a.m.- 11:50 a.m.
    FINC 6317Finance for Managers 6:00 p.m. - 7:20 p.m. X 9:00 a.m.- 11:50 a.m.

    Spring II: Second 7-Week Session

    Course Title Time Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday *Saturday Class Times When Applicable*
    MGMT 6328Innovation and Disruption Management 6:00 p.m. - 7:20 p.m. X 1:00 p.m.-3:50 p.m.
    MGMT 6336Social Responsibility of Business 6:00 p.m. - 7:20 p.m. X 1:00 p.m.-3:50 p.m.
    MGMT 6350/GBUS 6350Capstone 6:00 p.m. - 7:20 p.m. X 9:00 a.m.- 11:50 a.m.
    MGMT 6350Capstone 7:30 p.m-8:50 p.m X
    1:00 p.m.-3:50 p.m.
    MGMT 6343Managing Tech Change 7:30 p.m-8:50 p.m X 9:00 a.m.- 11:50 a.m.
    FINC 6316Financial Statement Analysis
    7:30 p.m-8:50 p.m
    X 1:00 p.m.-3:50 p.m.

    Resources and FAQs

    Graduate Business Student Association

    For more information about this campus organization for graduate students in the MBA, MSBA, MSDGMA, MSAA or MSOLprograms, refer to the GBSA webpageor contact yourbusiness school graduate advisor.

    Graduate Advising FAQs

    Have questions about enrolling in a graduate program at The Bill Munday School of Business? Below are answers to frequently asked questions. If you need more information,contact Dr. Amr Swid.

    Q: I was waived out of some of my foundation courses. Why did this occur?

    You may have been waived out of some of the foundation courses required by your degree plan by having completed certain equivalent undergraduate courseworkpriorto beginning your ϲʿ'sgraduate program. If you have questions, please contact your graduate advisor.

    Q:How do I know what course(s) to take this semester?

    You may review your degree audit in Degree Works, accessible in.

    1. Click on Academic Information.
    2. Click on Access Degree Works.

    Your degree audit is the electronic version of your degree plan.The courses you have already taken and are currently taking, plusthe courses you have remainingare listed in your degree audit.If you have questions about the order in which to take your courses or prerequisites, please review your Plan in Degree Works.

    Q: My degree audit is incorrect. How do I fix it?

    If your degree audit is incorrect, please contact your graduate advisor to update it.

    Q: What is Canvas?

    is an online, cloud-based, classroom management system adopted by SEU in Fall 2015. Itis designed for digital learning so students can spend less time looking for stuff and more time learning. Canvas is more closely aligned with currentwebsites and social media — it offers betterintegration of multimedia with built-in audio andvideo, offers more potential to expand the classroom, and has auser-friendly app. Canvas may be accessed in myHilltop.

    Q: What is Turnitin?

    Turnitin is an educational technology system that compares student papers and other submissions to its vast database to identify materials that have been copied from other sources. This enables faculty to evaluate indications of academic dishonesty. The database includes more than 150 million student papers, 90,000 journal articles, and billions of web pages. Students should use Turnitin's functionality for draft versions of their assignments to assure they have cited other authors' work and also for basic errors such as grammar and sentence structure. Be certain to obtain a digital receipt for all final versions of work submitted via Turnitin.

    Q: How do I find my textbooks? Can I purchase them online?

    You may access theand either purchase books through the website or go tothe bookstore on the main campus.

    Q: What do I need to do to drop a course? Will I get a refund?

    Students wishing to terminate any course at the university during a term must withdraw from courses during the posted schedule adjustment period set by theOffice of the Registrar. During this period, therefund scheduleset forth by the Office of Student Financial Services adheres. Students who receive financial assistance and withdraw should refer to the "Consequences of Withdrawal" in the Financial Aid section of the, since withdrawing may have a significant impact on a student's eligibility for financial assistance, plus the educational expenses owed to the university. If you withdraw during a semester in which you receive federal financial assistance, the timing of when you withdraw may affect whether you are required to repay some or all of that financial aid.

    Students assume financial and academic responsibility for each registered course. Withdrawing does not absolve a student's financial responsibility for his/her educational expenses. Discontinuing attendance or notifying an instructor of a status change does not constitute a drop or withdrawal. The student is responsible for initiating and completing the drop or withdrawal procedure usingmyHilltop. If the student fails to complete the process, they will receive the grade(s) assigned by the instructor of record and be billed accordingly.

    Q: I would like to take a term off and return next term. What do I do?

    Currently, enrolled students are allowed to “step out” three consecutive terms before being required to reapply to their admittedgraduate program. Students mustformally notify the university if you would like to take offa semester or term by submitting a. A withdraw from university form can be submitted for temporary or permanent withdrawal.In addition, it can be helpful tonotify your advisor of your plans. Contact the graduate advisor for the business schoolwhen you are ready to re-enroll in order to have your academic record reactivated (eligibility requirements apply).

    Q: Can I transfer credits from another university?

    New Students:

    Up to 12 hours of graduate-level work from a regionally accrediteduniversity may be transferred into your degree plan with pre-approval fromthe business school dean for the MBA. Up to 9 hours of graduate-level workfrom a regionally accredited university may be transferred into your degreeplan with pre-approval from the business school dean for the MSLC. Courses must carry a grade of B or higher and credits cannot have been earned towards the completion of another degree. To be considered for transfer, credits must be submitted at the time of application, and students must request transfer credits prior to the creation of the student’s degree plan. Additionally, courses must have been taken within the six-year time limit for completion of your degree. The business school graduate advisor will require a description of the course(s) and will submit the paperwork to the dean for approval.

    Note: The director of the MSAAprogram may accept a maximum of nine semester hours earned at the graduate school of another regionally accredited university. Accounting coursework completed more than three years prior to the first semester of enrollment in the MSAAprogram will not be counted toward the MSAAdegree at ϲʿ’s University, whether transferred or taken in residence.

    Current Students:

    Graduate degree-seeking students who wish to enroll in graduate coursework at another regionally accredited college or university for transfer to ϲʿ’s University must obtain pre-approval from the business school dean (certain criteria must be met in order to obtain approval — speak with your business schoolgraduate advisor for more information). After the course has been completed with a grade of B or better and ϲʿ’s University has received an official transcript, the credit will be transferred to meet the university’s degree requirements.

    Q: How do I reapply to the graduate program or change graduate degree programs?

    To reapply to a business schoolgraduate program to which you were previously admitted, you must fill out a new application. We keep your transcripts on file, so you will not need to resubmit them. However, you will be required to complete a new essay explaining your absence and why you wish to return. If you have attended any educational institutions since your last attendance at ϲʿ’s University, you will need to submit official transcripts from those institutions. Please contactGraduate Admissionfor information on applying for readmission.

    Students wishing to apply to a new degree program (i.e. admitted to the MBA program but would like to switch to another business schoolgraduate degree) need to submit the Transfer of Graduate Program Form(this form is only used in The Bill Munday School of Business). Your essay should explain why you wish to change degree programs. Please contact the business school graduate advisorfor additional information on switching graduate programs.

    Q: What do I need to do to change my MBA concentration?

    Please notify yourbusiness school graduate advisor so they canupdate your degree audit and discuss your new degree plan, including any potential changes. If you are interested in attempting a different degree program, you must apply to that program.

    Q: If I make a C in a class, can I retake the class to “replace” the grade?

    Repeating a class does not erase the original grade from your transcript. While a C is considered to be a passing grade, a student who earns one C gradewill be placed on academic probation; a student who earns twoC grades will be dismissed from their program. If a student earns a grade of D or F in a required course, the course must be repeated. Students pursuing certain certificate programs may be required to earn a B or better in specific classes in order to qualify for certification. Review the Academic Standards, Probation, and Dismissal rules in the Graduate Bulletin for additional information.

    Q: Is there a timeframe in which I must finish my degree?

    Students must complete all coursework towards their master’s degree plan within six years from the time of enrollment in the program (exclusive of foundation courses and including credit granted by transfer to the graduate program).

    Q: I am close to finishing my degree. What do I need to do to graduate?

    You'll apply to graduate during the term prior to your graduation date. Log on to youraccount to submit your Application for Graduation. You will receive a confirmation letter from the Office of the Registrar during your final term after you are certified to graduate. Please make sure that your mailing information is correct. See the information about updatingyouraddress below if you need to make changes. For further info about graduation, please visit the Office of the Registrar’s graduation page.

    Q: I have recently moved. Where do I update my address?

    In youraccount, click on Address Change and make the necessary changes. Please remember to update your information when changes occur so that your billing and registration information get to you in a timely manner. Additionally, graduation material will be sent to the address on file for you.

    Q: How do I order a transcript or enrollment verification form?

    You may order a transcript or enrollment verification form from theOffice of the Registrar.